question

l81ker avatar image
l81ker asked

WIDGET BUG REPORT Solar on widget misreporting PV info

I have ET112 on grid and and a second one on PV through a CERBO GX. It's all working fine except the "quick glance" data on widgets and dashboard of VRM is not getting updated correctly.

Zero actual solar pv shows 2715 watts all the time, and when the sun hits the panels, the widget seems to be adding 2715 to the total.

Note that I'm still awaiting batteries so the inverter has yet to be powered on and set up, it's just CERBO monitoring the AC loads and PV on the roof till the batteries show up.

Is this a bug?

Screenshots below

Widget on screen
screenshot-20221218-013550-one-ui-home.jpg
Click open VRM app on Android, get the same errors

screenshot-20221213-142244-chrome.jpg

Open the dashboard and it first shows wrongly then self-corrects to the actual data. Widget remains in error
screenshot-20221218-013622-chrome.jpg

VRMdashboard displayvrm app phone widget
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

l81ker avatar image l81ker commented ·
Has anyone any ideas about this yet? Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·

screenshot-20221222-080308-chrome.jpgHere's a better screenshot showing the refreshed widget with correct AC load and grid data, but the wrong solar value.

The dashboard is correct.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Dear @l81ker ,

We would like to inform you that the bug you reported earlier cannot be replicated anymore. Some modifications have been made to related services, which may have resolved the issue. Can you please confirm if the problem has been solved for you?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi Alex, the system is live with a battery and I haven't seen the issue again ever since connecting. It was coincident with a software release and so I would agree that it is resolved.

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @l81ker,

Thanks for posting the detailed report, indeed appears like a bug. I'll ask the team to look into it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks @Guy

As it's not a 'live' system yet they are welcome to remote into it.

It's basically Cerbo with an ET112 on house grid main incomer, and another on AC PV, and nothing else yet. I.e. just monitoring and data collection till batteries arrive mid January.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources