question

Kari Saaranen avatar image
Kari Saaranen asked

Grid feed-in / maximum phase current

Hi

I would like to know, if the grid feed-in setting (watts) is single- or three-phase, when you have three phase grid and only one multiplus in a system? I have a grid meter, Fronius on-grid 3-phase inverter on multi input + Easysolar 2 on phase 1, and together they could blow the phase 1 main fuse if load is low enough and there is enough solar power available. This is for outgoing energy, but the same question applies for consumption:

Is there a way to limit Easysolar/Multiplus charge current via grid meter, to avoid blowing main fuses? (25A main fuse, ATM 16A max grid charging current, but other appliances might be powered while charging and the risk of blowing the mains is real).

I've tried to search the forums and manuals for this info, but haven't found an answer yet, so I would be very thankful for any insight on this matter.

battery chargingEnergy Metercharge current limitcurrent limitfeed-in limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Kari Saaranen

The input current limit set on the inverter will be the max it lets through in feedback or pulls from grid.

On the Fronius there should be a way to throttle it in settings in the DNO editor. Google "Fronius export limit setting".

If it is connected to the GX it should be done under feedback excess PV. Although on this point I am not sure as I have not set up a system in the same config as yours.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Energy Meter Selection Guide

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual