question

allswell avatar image
allswell asked

No Battery Temp in VRM: Using SBS, Smart Shunt, Multiplus, Cerbo GX

For the life of me I cannot seem to find a way to figure out how to get the battery temperature to show on the VRM. I can't get it on the main Dashboard, nor can I make a custom widget for it on Advanced. I have a temp sensor connected to the Cerbo GX but it's not reporting so I purchased the Smart Battery Sense. Seems that is only reporting in the Victron Connect app but I need the data on my VRM as well.

In the DVCC section on the Remote Contols I don't have any other choices than Automatic or None but still, no way to figure out where the Automatic setting is pulling the data from and how to visualize it.

Help?

screen-shot-2022-11-17-at-90234-am.png

screen-shot-2022-11-17-at-90257-am.png

screen-shot-2022-11-17-at-90315-am.png

screen-shot-2022-11-17-at-90352-am.png

screen-shot-2022-11-17-at-85631-am.png

cerbo gxVRMSmart Battery Sensevrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/temperature_sensors

Did you connect the temperature sensor delivered with the MultiPlus to the MultiPlus or to the Cerbo?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

allswell avatar image allswell commented ·
To the cerbo
0 Likes 0 ·

I just realized I did not connect it to the ports on the Cerbo so now that is ACTUALLY done, thank you Matthias! lol

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Allswell

What temperature sensor do you have? is it the analogue one connected into the ports on the bottom of the cerbo and then activated in the io? once you have followed the steps it will appear on the dashboard fo the VRM and in the widgets and it will show in the devices menu on the GX.

the widget you are using is selecting one connected to the Inverter. If you are using that one, it does not show on the GX. But does appear a widget in the vrm.

Al descriptions of the Temp sensors and where they connect and whether they report to VRM are listed here.

1 comment
2 |3000

I do have a sensor connected to the Cerbo GX, and I also have a temp sensor connected to the Multiplus which I didn't before. Considering both of those sensors are located at the tops of the battery posts, I have also invested in the Smart Battery Sense so that I could have an independent sensor stuck to the side of the battery bank... So now I'm working through getting both of the analogue ones set up.

Thank you Alexandra.

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

To state it explicitly, the SBS will not work with VRM. You'll need one of the sensors that indicates VRM compatibility in the "Temperature on VRM" row.

2 |3000