question

bgardiner avatar image
bgardiner asked

EasySolar-II 48/3000 with v2.90 - how do you setup the manual generator control?

We have an EasySolar-II 48/3000 in parallel with two Multiplus 48/3000. We also have a 10kW Generator. I have upgraded the built-in GX device to 2.90, but I cannot find anywhere to configure the relay so that it can be manually controlled (There is nothing listed in the 'Control' section of VRM). I don't want it to be automatic, as I wish to control the times of day. I've read that should be possible in the new v2.90, but I cannot find any menu that has a specific 'Relay' control as per the Victron documentation. I'm sure I'm missing something - but if anyone can please point me in the right direction, then that would be great. Thank you, Ben.

VRMEasySolar All-in-Onegenerator auto start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The EasySolar don't has a relay on the GX module that new feature is only available for the Cerbo GX, Venus GX and the Color Control GX.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bgardiner avatar image bgardiner commented ·
Thank you for your quick response. The EasySolar does have relays - presumably as part of the Multiplus component? It would seem a massive oversight on the part of Victron to not have these controlled by the built-in GX module?
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ bgardiner commented ·
The relays you have there are part of the MultiPlus and they can't be controlled by the GX module.
0 Likes 0 ·
bgardiner avatar image
bgardiner answered ·

Thanks again for your reply. This is certainly disappointing - especially as Victron say the EasySolar-II range of products should be compatible with the generator controls. I'm already looking at developing a web-based control for our generator - its just a shame Victron have overlooked it in this case.

2 |3000