question

Jakub Wszytko avatar image
Jakub Wszytko asked

Lithium Smart update error

Hi,

Yesterday during update of LFPSmart 25.6/200 VictronConnect signalized an error due to server connection issue. Unfortunately app crashed before i got to take a screen-shot.

Now battery bluetooth isn't visible at all and BMS is frozen in error state.

BMS is SmallBMS. App is up to date. App log in attachments.

We tried:

All solutions from the troubleshooting page.

Using different phones to connect.

Replacing BMS with another unit.

Charging battery with low current as if the battery was discharged.

Best possible solution for such case is usually restarting the device, but this time it's not possible as we are struggling with the battery itself...

I'll be grateful for any ideas.

Regards

Jakub

Lithium BatteryBMSVictronConnectfirmware updatesmart lithium
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

@Jakub_Navigo_Wszytko

What was the firmware version of the battery prior to the update?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jakub Wszytko avatar image Jakub Wszytko Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Battery is brand new, so that would be factory firmware.

I'd love to check which firmware it is, yet we are stuck with lack of connection again.

I can't attach app log file for some reason.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Jakub Wszytko commented ·

There was an issue with one of the firmware versions, which the new firmware fixes. You may have been caught by this problem before the new version was fully updated and that causes the BTV module in the battery to become unresponsive and as a result, the SmallBMS loses communication with the battery, which in turn leads to the error message.

However, there is a good chance it will resolve itself, but it may take some time...up to 48 hours.

1 Like 1 ·
Jakub Wszytko avatar image Jakub Wszytko Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank You for help. We will try waiting as battery is already deep inside the boat and we still have some time to finish project.

I'll let You know whether it worked.

1 Like 1 ·
1 Answer
Jakub Wszytko avatar image
Jakub Wszytko answered ·

The only solution we found is unfortunately replacement of whole PCB inside the battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.