question

tareq avatar image
tareq asked

BMS+ CCGX+ Phoenix Smart IP43 Charger the DVCC won’t work?

Hi

I have a system that consists of REC BMS + CCGX and Phoenix smart charger IP43. The BMS and Charger is connected to CCGX through CAN and VE.Direct. I have activated DVCC and defined the limit (CVL, CCL, DCL). When I then want to charge the batteries, the Charger will not follow the limit set in DVCC. CCGX ends up giving Alarms (high voltage, high current, etc.).

Is Phoenix Smart charger compatible with DVCC??

IS there any settings I have not activated? Is there any settings I have overlooked?

How does Phoenix Charger charge the batteries when DVCC is activated?

Equipment:

Phoenix smart Charger 12 | 30 (1 + 1) fv v3.31

CCGX fv v2.87

REC BMS v2.6

thanks

BMSVE.DirectVE.CanDVCCPhoenix Smart Charger ip43
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
koloblix avatar image
koloblix answered ·

Have same issue here,

VenusGX shows Phoenix Smart Charger, but only for monitoring. Changing settings via VenusGX isn't possible, DVCC either.

Hope there will be an software update change this.

Can anybody confirm, that this is planned?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Tareq @Koloblix

The Phoenix Smart Charger IP43 is not yet DVCC compatible. I can't say when, if ever.

It is possible to control remote on/off via a GX device on the 120-240V model. Not possible due to hardware limits for the 230V model.

2 |3000

tareq avatar image
tareq answered ·

Thanks, DVCC is not possible, understood, but can Phoenix Smart Charger use the battery voltage provided by the BMS thru the CCGX to compensate for the voltage drops?

1 comment
2 |3000

No, unless you are using VE.Smart Networking. This requires a BMV/SmartShunt/Smart Battery Sense and will not use the target voltage provided by your BMS but rather the voltage measured by a BMV/SmartShunt/Smart Battery Sense. And the CCGX is not involved either.

0 Likes 0 ·
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

You could use an isolated relay module to turn off the 230V on the charger or the 12V side alternatively by a stop charge signal from the REC ABMS using the relay or opto coupler outputs. They are programmable in the VictronCAN firmware. If you set it to the CHAR voltage it would stop charging when the first cell is full.

If you set it to a value between CHAR and CMAX you would allow some balancing, but prevent over voltage disconnects.

2 |3000

Related Resources