question

crholliday avatar image
crholliday asked

Cerbo GX stopped seeing smart shunt

My boat has been sitting idle for a couple of months. At some point over the last few weeks, the Cerbo GX suddenly was not longer able to see the smart shunt connected via a VE Direct cable (it has worked flawlessly for 1.5 years). I checked everything including reconnecting the VE cable on each end, updated all firmware on cerbo and smart shunt and testing out the shunt via bluetooth. I was not able to reset the shunt (by removing the red power cable) yet and not sure if that will help. Is there any other suggestion?

cerbo gxSmartShuntVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Next troubleshooting step would be to try with another VE.Direct cable (if you have it).

Also try a different VE.Direct port on Cerbo GX.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

crholliday avatar image crholliday commented ·
Its the super long cable that requires some hours of boat yoga to run. Running a new cable is a last resort (possibly behind installing a new shunt). I did move the Cerbo side from ve.direct port 3 to port 1. Can the cable be tested with a multimeter?

0 Likes 0 ·