question

seafur avatar image
seafur asked

SmartShunt no SOC on Cerbo

I have a SmartShunt connected to 6 lead-acid 6v batteries in a 2s3p config. SmartShunt with updated firmware, installed in April 2022, SmartShunt shows SOC in VictronConnect on iOS via Bluetooth. Added a CerboGX in May 2022 with current firmware. CerboGX does NOT show SOC. When I looked at the network config of the SmartShunt in VictronConnect it shows it is sending voltage and current data but that's all. I assume it needs to show that it's sending SOC or the CerboGX won't be able to display SOC. How do I add SOC to the data the SmartShunt is sending over VE.direct. I also have a Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100|20 connected via VE.direct and I'm getting what I want from it. Since adding the CerboGX I've only discharged to 98% and back up to 100%, I don't think I need a full cycle since I can already see SOC value in VictronConnect app so obviously the SmartShunt has figured out SOC.

cerbogx.jpg

cerbo gxSmartShuntSOCVE.Direct
cerbogx.jpg (70.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Is the SmartShunt shown in the device list and is it selected as battery monitor in the settings of the Cerbo?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seafur avatar image
seafur answered ·

@Matthias Lange - DE, not sure but I'm see voltage and current as the above screen grab from Cerbo shows so I'm thinking it is but honestly I don't remember making that setting myself. Maybe it's auto... The system is at a remote site I'm going to this weekend but I have really sketchy internet access there. I'll check that and try to update this thread.

Any other thoughts before I head up the mountain?

2 |3000

seafur avatar image
seafur answered ·

@Matthias Lange - DE Thanks for the pointer. I assumed my SmartShunt was connected since I saw battery voltage and current, turns out the MPPT 100|20 was providing battery voltage and current. My SmartShunt was found by the CerboGX because I pulled the connector slightly out while installing other items. Once I got the cable connected properly I looked at the CerboGX and it saw the SmartShunt and I started getting the SOC disply.

2 |3000