question

duswami avatar image
duswami asked

Main Grid Failure Alert when Inverting

Can someone tell me why I get a Main Grid Failure Alarm when the Multi goes back and forth from an 'Ignore AC' condition.

Periodically, when the Multi is inverting (but connected to grid) and dedicated AC Ignore is selected in VS tab I get a Grid Failure Alarm. But the grid hasn't failed and VS functions properly, switching between Inverting and passing through Grid AC when conditions are met. In VRM portal dashboard system overview, the Grid box will show ' - ' when inverting, which I figure is normal since it's not drawing any current, but it's odd I keep getting a Grid Failure alarm. Is this the Multi's current sensor mis-reading things or is there a setting I missed somewhere? Thanks!

screenshot-2022-06-21-183630.jpg

Multiplus-IIVRMsensorvirtual switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
@Duswami

Because you are disconnecting from grid with ignore ac. So technically the connection is lost. It is really a warning to let youknow you are inverting again.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

duswami avatar image duswami commented ·
@Alexandra Understood thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Duswami

Check on your GX device you can enable or disable it there.

Menu - settings - system setup - monitor for grid faliure.

5 comments
2 |3000

duswami avatar image duswami commented ·
@Alexandra I found that, but if I disable that in the GX device, will it disable automatically switching to Inverter mode when there is a mains loss? Otherwise, what's causing it, any ideas?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ duswami commented ·
@Duswami

No it does not change any settings or functions just the alert warning

0 Likes 0 ·
duswami avatar image duswami Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Alexandra So, I disabled it, no more alerts, but I still see a slew of these in the logs, should I just ignore, and what do you think causes these?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ duswami commented ·

@Duswami

You can reboot the GX if you want to clear them.

They stay there until you do, log them to the VRM as well.

1 Like 1 ·
duswami avatar image duswami Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Alexandra Yep, did this... just wondering why I See them all the time when there is no grid loss?
0 Likes 0 ·