question

Topper avatar image
Topper asked

New Victron SmartLithium 24V/200Ah has already a temperature offset seen in the VictronConnect app

I bought a new Victron SmartLithium 24V/200Ah and when I view it via the VictronConnect app I see the value of 4°C in the Battery temperature offset. My question is why is there already a value here, does the temperature sensor in the battery itself determine this value? As indicated, this is a new battery, see screenshot;

img-3709.png

In the VictronConnect app you have the option to set the set values to the default settings;

reset-to-defaults.jpg

This sets also the Battery temperature offset to 0°C. Is this a sensible thing to do and will the internal temperature sensor determine this value again?

VictronConnectTemperature Sensorsmart lithium
img-3709.png (225.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Topper,

All batteries are pre-tested and the temperature sensor is calibrated via the offset.

In any case, the default offset value for Victron lithium smart batteries is 0 °C.

With this setting an offset can be set to improve the accuracy of the battery temperature measurement and adapt to your environment. You might want to verify the temperature with an external temperature sensor and adjust the offset accordingly. Usually the reported temperature for the internal temperature sensor is slightly higher than the ambient temperature.

See also the manual for this topic: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Lithium_Battery_Smart/en/installation.html#UUID-911f5634-d518-6525-432d-01ced2642fde

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Topper avatar image Topper commented ·

@Stefanie, thanks for your answer, I can measure the temperature on the outside of the battery and use this to set the Battery temperature offset. So this setting is a manual setting? The internal temperature sensor does not calibrate itself?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Topper commented ·

Yes, it's a manual setting. The internal temperature sensor is pre-calibrated via the offset and cannot calibrate itself.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows