question

tshaw avatar image
tshaw asked

Color Control not showing PV when connected to Easy Solar Plus 2 GX

Hi I have connect a Color control to the Easy Solar-II GX. It is showing all values expect there is no PV box showing the solar production, The easy solar is showing the PV production on its small display. Since it is sending the data of everything else to the color control Im assuming the cabling is correct. Is it a set up function I have missed to send the PV data to the color control?

screen-shot-2021-11-18-at-125905-pm.png

VRMCCGX Color ControlEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

From memory you need a VE direct cable from the MPPT in the Easysolar to the CCGX. But is the Solar showing on the display in the Easysolar?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tshaw avatar image tshaw commented ·
the MPPT is built in to the Easy Solar II GX

0 Likes 0 ·
tshaw avatar image
tshaw answered ·

Yes showing on display of the easy solar but not the color control. We did wire in a VE direct cable there was only 1 VE direct input on the easy solar

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

This is not how it is designed.

The EasySolar already have a GX device build in. I'm surprised that the VE.Bus connection is working.

Inside the EasySolar is a Smart Solar MPPT and you have to connect a VE.direct cable from the CCGX to it.

You also should disconnect the the VE.Bus from the GX device inside the EasySolar.

2 |3000

tshaw avatar image
tshaw answered ·

Oh really so It can work but needs to be internally wired to the MPPT? It there a way to have and external monitoring device to show the details?

2 |3000