question

adam avatar image
adam asked

Using an AC energy meter to measure inverter output on CCGX?

Hi, is it possible to use an AC energy meter to measure the output of an inverter so it can be displayed on an CCGX? I want to display it separately to any DC loads in the system. I will be using a BMV to measure the total load on the battery (DC load + inverter Load) so I want a way to see the AC load separately.

Thanks,

Adam.

CCGX Color ControlPhoenix InverterEnergy Meterpower meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Which inverter are you using?
Victron inverter output load should already be displayed on the CCGX.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adam avatar image adam commented ·

Hi, I’m using a 3rd party 1000w pure sine wave inverter I already own. I will be switching it on using the relay on the CCGX. I wanted to monitor it’s power output as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

A short answer would be yes, it is possible.
But it is not so easy. Like I said before, AC Output is already catered for if using Victron Inverters, so the CCGX does not need to implement reading energy meters on AC Output as standard.
If you want to use an energy meter to monitor 3rd party Inverters with the CCGX then you will need to modify the VenusOS (the operating system running on the CCGX).
If you have good Linux skills then you could do it, but you will be on your own.

1 comment
2 |3000

adam avatar image adam commented ·

Ok I’m surprised this is not a feature as Victron still sells inverters that don’t have this capability built in.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

You can use a Venus OS on a Raspi and do like you want etc.

1 comment
2 |3000

ddbero123 avatar image ddbero123 commented ·

Hi interested also. Can you point me in the right direct as to how to achieve this. I am currently using the Venus OS on a RPi.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Energy Meter Selection Guide