question

Nicholas Herbst avatar image
Nicholas Herbst asked

CCGX - Venus OS 2.66 - Frequent Grid Meter Warning/Alarm

We have a handful of installations that started producing frequent "No Grid Meter alarm: Warning".

This is exclusively related to installations that have a CCGX (Color Control), a Victron inverter, a grid meter, and ESS configuration with Venus OS that has been updated to 2.66 on the GX device.

We have resolved one of our installations that presented this issue by temporarily upgrading the client to a Cerbo GX.

2.66 has yielded the incredible feature in the form of the inverter remote update functionality, but it appears that the new firmware is not stable on the CCGX and is resulting in significant system instability.

Has anyone experienced the same?

I'm hoping Victron is working on an update to remedy this...

ESSVenus OSCCGX Color ControlEnergy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
palom170 avatar image
palom170 answered ·

Try to downdrade to 2.65 using backup firmware, although I think it is not a firmware problem.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Nicholas Herbst avatar image Nicholas Herbst commented ·
The issue is immediately resolved through the introduction of a Victron Cerbo GX to replace the CCGX, so I disagree, I do believe this is a firmware issue most likely related to the limited processing power of the CCGX.
0 Likes 0 ·
danield3 avatar image
danield3 answered ·

Having the exact same issue and same FW, 2.66.

Are you using ZigBee wireless modules?

3 comments
2 |3000

Nicholas Herbst avatar image Nicholas Herbst commented ·

Hi @DanielD3

No, I am not using the Zigbee Tx/Rx module. Our installations are using the Victron RS485 to USB Interface Cable.

0 Likes 0 ·
danield3 avatar image danield3 Nicholas Herbst commented ·
Have you had any luck with solving this please?
0 Likes 0 ·
Nicholas Herbst avatar image Nicholas Herbst danield3 commented ·
Yes, had to replace the CCGX with a Cerbo GX.

Hoping for a formal answer from Victron whether they are aware of this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Nicholas Herbst answered ·

Have 2 sites now that we have resolved by replacing the CCGX with a Cerbo GX.

2 |3000

passthru-when-using-victron-color-control-gx.png

Look at the frequency of Passthru events when the system is managed by a Victron Color Control GX (CCGX)

2 |3000

passthru-when-using-victron-cerbo-gx.png

With the CCGX replaced by a Cerbo GX the Passthru events are very infrequent.

2 |3000