question

joanbr avatar image
joanbr asked

Connect two banks with different voltages 12V and 48V to the Victron Venus and have them both on the VRM monitoring screen.

Hi,

I have a boat with two battery banks, 48V for propulsion with a Victron BMS-712 and a 12V for services with a SmartShunt. I also have smart solar and an inverter that goes to the 48V bank. I want to know if its possible to have everything in the same dashboard. As I read in this forum, the system only expect one battery, is there any other more complicated option to have both batteries in the dashboard? Ex. raspi, grafana, etc.

MPPT ControllersVRMVenus OSmonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nesswill avatar image
nesswill answered ·

Probably not the answer you want but i done exactly this with two Cerbo GX,s.

EDIT.

Two installations couldn't find any other way.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pontus avatar image
pontus answered ·

I have a very similar setup and haven't got this working either.

• 48 V battery & Multiplus for electric propulsion.
  • 12 V battery & smart solar mppt for "houeshold" electricity.

Is there a way to tell Venus OS and the VRM portal that these are two different systems?

2 |3000

rickpickle avatar image
rickpickle answered ·

Any ideas on this type of setup??

I have need to monitor two systems 12v & 24v already have the 24v system set up with a RPI and VenusOS large,,, at the least i need to monitor the voltage of the 12v system.

2 |3000

semlohnhoj avatar image
semlohnhoj answered ·

It depends how clearly you want to monitor it. The easy answer is to add another shunt on the 12V battery. The additional shunt will show up at the bottom of the VRM dashboard as per below:

screenshot-20231220-075450-vrm.jpg

I know mine are all monitoring 48v stacks but if you have a 12v stack then the same would apply.

I have 5 shunts in total, 1 that is the main shunt that is used by the system and the other 4 labelled bank 1 to bank 4.

1 comment
2 |3000

rickpickle avatar image rickpickle commented ·

Well thats easier than a second Cerbo,

thanks for the suggestion

0 Likes 0 ·