Idea

harold avatar image
harold suggested

Quattro AC connections suggested manual update

In the current manual, connection to the AC1IN suggests the generator. However, this should be different per application, f.e. on a boat AC1IN could be better the Shore-power, than the auto start/stop of the generator can be used in the (CC)GX.

So: "AC1IN connected to the most stable AC source".

From the current manual:

AC-in-1 (see appendix A) If AC voltage is present on these terminals, the Quattro will use this connection. Generally a generator will be connected to ACin-1. The AC-in-1 input must be protected by a fuse or magnetic circuit breaker rated at 50A or less, and cable crosssection must be sized accordingly. If the input AC supply is rated at a lower value, the fuse or magnetic circuit breaker should be down sized accordingly.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color ControlGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Comment

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman commented

If you want to black start from Gen, I believe it has to be on AC In 1.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seamaster avatar image seamaster commented ·

@Warwick Bruce Chapman what is "to black start from Gen"? I'm with @Harold on this one. for boat is better for the generator to be on input 2. I tried it connected to input1 but when i plugin to shore power it does not with to it and it stays on generator. This is not ideal. can't with it manually on quarto, so one have to shut down loaded generator. Not really a good idea....

0 Likes 0 ·

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.