Idea

nickdb avatar image
nickdb suggested

Feature request: remote configure BMV/SOC sync

Can you please add the ability to:

1) remotely sync SOC for a shunt/BMV

2) allow BMW/smartshunt setting changes remotely.

BMV Battery MonitorSmartShuntremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markus avatar image
markus commented

Hi,

Have you tried connecting with the VictronConnect Software via VRM?

In VictronConnect there is a a VRM tab, where you can remotely connect to your installations.

Best Regards,

Markus

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb commented

Great. thanks. Never found the app much use via VRM for the multi. Didn't realise, you could reach the BMV via VRM.

Problem solved.

2 |3000

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird commented

I can see this post is “completed” but I cannot find out how to adjust the parameters of the smartshunt via the VRM. I have a case where a boat has a smartshunt and MPPT controller. The absorption voltage on the MPPT controller is the same as the fully charged voltage on the smartshunt. The smartshunt reads 20mV lower consistently than the MPPT controller, hence it never synchronises. If I could adjust it slightly through the VRM I could solve the problem but that function it seems is not available even through the CerboGX. I’m not sure how this idea could be completed because I can’t see how to do it.

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
If the system is online then you can do this via victron connect app on your mobile and the vrm tab for the shunt.

If you aren't online, then you will need to use bluetooth when near the shunt and do the same via the app but this time using the local option.

Once connected, press the settings cog when connected to the shunt.

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image
snoobler commented

I connect to MPPT 250/100 and BMV-702 via Victron Connect via CCGX, i.e.,

I open VC, select the CCGX, and it gives me a device list for VE.Direct connected devices:

1639146752275.png

1639146838443.png

From there, I can connect to those devices and make changes as though I were directly connected via bluetooth.

Victron BMV setup instructions recommend a "charged" voltage 0.2 or 0.3V (can't remember which) below absorption.

2 |3000

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird commented

snoobler, many thanks for that very carefully written answer. You have helped me enormously. Absolutely brilliant!!!

2 |3000

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.