Idea

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird suggested

BMV712 SOC graph using Connect App (Bluetooth)

The BMV712 is a great battery monitor and if using VRM it allows the graphing of SOC over an extended period which is very useful to see. The History page is helpful on the BMV but it would be so good to be able to see parameters like SOC historically by just using the Connect App, similar to the VRM display but only using the Connect App. The MPPT controlller lets you see the charge parameters graphically historically and it is a great feature. I realise this would require strorage on the BMV and a change to the Connect App but it would make a great product even better as when on your boat you would be able to see the charge discharge cycle of the batteries very easily.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Comment

gainestr avatar image
gainestr commented

SmartShunt already does this

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trevor Bird avatar image Trevor Bird commented ·
Hello @gainestr … That is interesting. Could you please direct me to the menu item to do this because I thought it was practically the same as the BMV712.

Many thanks

Trevor

0 Likes 0 ·
gainestr avatar image gainestr Trevor Bird commented ·
@Trevor Bird, you need to download the latest beta in order to do this. It’s coming as a regular point release soon though. The SmartShunt will be able to have a 45 day history allowing you to do precisely what your asking for.
1 Like 1 ·
Trevor Bird avatar image Trevor Bird gainestr commented ·
Thanks...
0 Likes 0 ·
gainestr avatar image gainestr Trevor Bird commented ·

if you don’t know this already, both the BMV-712 and the SmartShunt will have this feature of having 45 days of historical data stored on the device. As well as some pretty useful bluetooth broadcasting capabilities. Victron has really stepped up their game!
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/93919/victron-bluetooth-ble-protocol-publication.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.