question

deichel avatar image
deichel asked

Octo GX & EM24 Energy meter connection, separate USB RS485 required?

Hi !

Does the Octo GX require an USB-RS485 converter to read the EM24 energy meter or can i connect the EM24 directly to the Octo GX A,B terminals?

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,

Dirk

VictronConnectgx deviceem24rs485
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

there are two types on EM24 meters one that requires a USB to RS485 and another that can connect directly to the network port thus only requiring a RJ45 cable and a router

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

deichel avatar image
deichel answered ·

Hi !

I think was not precise enough in my question.

I want to use the EM24 with RS485 Interface with the Octo GXs RS485 input.

Can I use for that purpose the RS485 input on the Octo GX that is already built in the Octo GX or do I need a separate RS485 -> USB converter.

Regards,

Dirk

2 |3000

matthias-roetzer avatar image
matthias-roetzer answered ·

Hi,

I had issues when connecting ET112 to native RS484 of OctoGX as well. VICTRON had a look at my OctoGX and told me there was an issue with it. I'm using now USB to RS485 converter.

BG

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Energy Meter Manual EM24 RS485

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows