question

deichel avatar image
deichel asked

Octo GX & EM24 Energy meter connection, separate USB RS485 required?

Hi !

Does the Octo GX require an USB-RS485 converter to read the EM24 energy meter or can i connect the EM24 directly to the Octo GX A,B terminals?

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,

Dirk

VictronConnectgx deviceem24rs485
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

there are two types on EM24 meters one that requires a USB to RS485 and another that can connect directly to the network port thus only requiring a RJ45 cable and a router

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

deichel avatar image
deichel answered ·

Hi !

I think was not precise enough in my question.

I want to use the EM24 with RS485 Interface with the Octo GXs RS485 input.

Can I use for that purpose the RS485 input on the Octo GX that is already built in the Octo GX or do I need a separate RS485 -> USB converter.

Regards,

Dirk

2 |3000

matthias-roetzer avatar image
matthias-roetzer answered ·

Hi,

I had issues when connecting ET112 to native RS484 of OctoGX as well. VICTRON had a look at my OctoGX and told me there was an issue with it. I'm using now USB to RS485 converter.

BG

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows