question

ralfb2024 avatar image
ralfb2024 asked

battery setting for Victron AGM 12V 60Ah Supercycle Batterie C20

Hello
I have connected a Victron AGM 12V 60Ah Supercycle Batterie C20 (BAT412060081) to a Victron Energy Smart Solar MPPT 75V 15A (HQ2137XR2ZG) that is supplied by a 80W solarcell. Roomtemperature ist between 20 and 25°C.
I am using the Victron Connect App (V5.103), in the battery setup there is only preset for AGM Spiral and not for AGM Supercycle Battery. Which values does Victron recommend for their battery for best battery life?

Many thanks.

battery chargingVictronConnectvictron productssmart solar set-up helpAGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

It is printed on the battery, otherwise he product pages will always be a good place to start. It depends on your use. https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-AGM-Super-Cycle-battery-EN.pdf1707333179207.png

1707333179207.png (1006.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ralfb2024 avatar image
ralfb2024 answered ·

Thank you for your response.
Currently I am using the preset of Gel Victron deep discharge (2).
So I think I have to use expert mode to set the special values for Victron Supercycle Battery.
Assuming Cycle service normal:
Which is better:
Absorption voltage: 14,2 or 14,6V,
Float voltage: 13,5 or 13,8V,

What is with
Equalization voltage ?
Re-bulk offset voltage?
Automatic or manual equalization?
Absorption duration adaptive?
Absorption time
Tail current?
Equalization current percentage?
Max equalization duration?

At the end I ask myself why is this battery type not in the battery preset menu?
Many thanks for your patience.

2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

The AGM profile or even default should be adequate and I will only adjust the absorbtion voltage to 14.3 which is just below the gassing voltage. This link also makes for a good read together with the MPPT manual and answers some of your questions including what impacts longevity. Also consider signing up to Victron Professional (no restrictions) and have a look at the battery training. There are also good posts on the forum relating to topic such as equilization. https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/55928/customize-equalisation-settings-for-batteries.html

2 |3000

ralfb2024 avatar image
ralfb2024 answered ·

I am not sure what is meant with "AGM profile or even default", the setting menu only shows AGM Spiral. So I will change to "Gel Victron deep discharge (1)" that results in your recommended absorption voltage of 14.3V. Hope that fits for my battery.
I have intentionally bought charger and battery from the same manufacturer (Victron) because I had hoped that the setup would be made easy for me.
I appreciate your given ideas and suggestions. Many thanks.

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic