question

timd93 avatar image
timd93 asked

AC Load not always showing correct values

Ever since upgrading the Multiplus II to 492 and Venus OS to 2.82 (coming from 2.74), I have noticed that the AC loads are not always showing the correct values.

I often see AC load on phase 1 going to 0W.

It looks like it is cause by delays in reading out consumption values from either the Multiplus or the Grid meter. My battery cells are not well matches, so the BMS will start to constantly decrease and then again increase max charge current. So the Multiplus is constantly dropping and increasing the charge power quite a lot. Seems that, when u sudden increase or decrease occurs, it takes some time for the GX device to correctly recalculate the AC load.

Not sure if this is impacting anything other than the displayed statistics.

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

I have made a gif showing the issue. Note that power consumption is actually stable, so the AC load values are definitely incorrect.

test.gif

ESSpower meter
test.gif (617.0 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

@timd93

You are viewing in the VRM, that could be affected by a whole lot of other issues related to lag and internet.

And maybe you have phase compensation on for the other 0W issue? It isnt a problem.

Dropping charge power is power control related as well? Are you using the CTs. There have been a few discussions about plugging and plugging them a few times to correct AC readings.

0 Likes 0 ·
timd93 avatar image timd93 Alexandra ♦ ·
Hey Alexandra

If I view it locally, so not on VRM, I see the same issue.

Phase compensation is indeed on, but that shouldn't cause wrong AC load calculations right?

I'm not using CT's, I'm using the EM24 ethernet version as a power meter.

0 Likes 0 ·
There were bug fixes after 2.82. I think some to do with AC. Please try upgrading to 2.84.
0 Likes 0 ·
timd93 avatar image timd93 kevgermany ♦♦ ·
Just tried it, same issue
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
tsteinke avatar image
tsteinke answered ·

Hi there,

I've the same issue.

Multiplus 2 48/3000 product ID 2629 FW v494

Cerbo GX v284

2kWp AC-coupled PV on AC OUT1

At first Im using the external CT; then switched to EM-24. Issue remains the same.

Is there a solution available or in sight ?

Best regards

Thomas

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tsteinke avatar image
tsteinke answered ·

I finally found a Solution for me.

The installed EM-24 is configured as Grid meter.
In ESS configuration „Grid Metering„ is set to „Inverter/Charger“.

Now the display and values in remote console and VRM are correct.

Regards

Thomas

1 comment
2 |3000

So what did you change? In my ESS, Grid Metering is set to "External Meter", as it always has been. What did you set your "Grid Metering" to?
0 Likes 0 ·