question

david-enc avatar image
david-enc asked

Second Grid meter

second-grid-meter.pngI have ET340 in my garage where Multis are and it works well, but not measuring AC loud to the house. I would like to add second ET340 measuring the AC loud to the house from the grid. Will adding a second EM340 work if both are called Grid Meters (combined measurement?) or will the Cerbo get confused? Any other suggestions ? (cannot install grid meter to "Grid Distr. box" - not allowed) thank you

Energy Meter3 phasepower meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
david-enc avatar image
david-enc answered ·

I have installed the second meter (as discribed above - the first meter in the garage is assigned as "Grid":

1. When assigned as “AC load” it is not considered for ESS nor visible (except another device measuring).
  2. When assigned as “Grid” it is not considered for ESS nor visible (except another device measuring).
  3. Only when assigned as “Generator” it is visible (sum of AC load in Garage + RD) under “AC Load” (Total consumption is also correct AC Load/IN + Critical Load/OUT)

screenshot-2023-06-17-at-182706.png

But it is not considered for ESS calculation “self-consumption” guessing it is due the fact it is a “Generator”…

another example when swithing on the water heater - showing the load but ESS ignors it...

screenshot-2023-06-17-at-184117.png

Any idea / suggestion? Is there any way to sum two meters and give it to Cerbo as Grid values?

thank you for any hint

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

john245 avatar image
john245 answered ·

Also interested in this. I have a PAP and SAP and want to measure the total grid.

victron-sap-pap-paty-iii-v01.png

2 comments
2 |3000

rolandrrr avatar image rolandrrr commented ·
For me also a PAP and SAP and I want to limit the total connection power (in and out)

Did you solve this?

0 Likes 0 ·
john245 avatar image john245 rolandrrr commented ·
I did not solve this. The risks are low in my case.
1 Like 1 ·