question

Gerrie Rossouw avatar image
Gerrie Rossouw asked

How does ET Meter read non critical loads

Good day

I would like to find out how to ET meter reads the non-critical loads,

According to the attached image the ac input is connected to the bottom of the meter and the mains and non critical or ac 2 at the top, so how does it actually measure the power to the non critical loads,

Apologies if this is a stupid question

1698925471610.png

power meter
1698925471610.png (110.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Gerrie Rossouw The ET240 would be fitted on your grid supply, After that, you would have your grid loads / non-critical loads and also the Mlutiplus unit. The measurement is the difference between the ET340 and the CT sensor on the AC-In of the Multiplus. It then knows the power supplied to loads between the RT340 and the Multiplus. The Multiplus using the in built CR sensor record the energy into the Multiplus, which with no inverter or charger running, calculated the critical loads on the AC-OUT.

Below is a link to me system. The Photos are not the most upto date but it gives you an idea, within the phots is a schematic of my system. I have only a ET112 on my grid supply. If you look at my VRM, you can see how it calculate the grid loads. One thing to note with the ET meters, espically the ET112 is the high latency therefore the power data is not always right but the energy values are near perfect.

https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/171934/share/db6807bb

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic