question

felix-vt avatar image
felix-vt asked

Possible Bug Report or at least strange behavior of Victron EV NS Charger

I have noticed unusual behavior in my Victron EV charger.The wallbox always seems to get stuck internally.

The reason for my assumption is that this error can be reproduced again and again using the following pattern:

I use the wallbox in manual mode. If I now plug in the vehicle and start charging straight away, everything is fine. But what doesn't work is plugging in the vehicle and starting the charging process in manual mode a few hours later. The same applies to interrupted and restarted charging processes. As long as the status "Ready for charging" has been on for some time, it is not possible to start the charging process. The wallbox signals that the charging process has started, but the internal contactor does not activate. It even shows a power that is supposed to be used for charging (approx. 480W) even though there is no electrical connection to the vehicle.

I was able to solve this problem for myself. The status of the wallbox can be queried via node red. If this false measured value of only 480W and the loading status occur, a reset is triggered via Modbus TCP via register 5064. This does not stop the loading process, but it does cause the loading process to restart. After this reset, the contactor is switched again and the charging process starts normally.

In summary: Why do I have to perform a reset after the electric vehicle has been plugged in for some time?

Modbus TCPev charging stationbug reportpower meterev charger ns
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers