question

raymiller avatar image
raymiller asked

Victron Connect v5.56 bug report- Smart Shunt Status 0% Display Time remaining - "nanm"

Victron Connect v5.46 Apple os - SmartShunt 500A

While conducting commissioning tests on a new battery and Smart Shunt I came up with this status display when the smart shunt measured 0%; Time remaining "nanm". I can only presume this is an error to be corrected in the next revision? Or does "nanm" mean something?

Cheers

img-1235.png

SmartShuntVictronConnectbug report
img-1235.png (358.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
smoti avatar image
smoti answered ·

Same for me when the calculated time remaining dropped below zero. A bug I guess. Better would be to just display the number zero or similar.

Hope Victron will fix this in a future firmware.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@RayMiller @Smoti

nanm = not a number = a numeric data type and expression used in programming languages like Javascript, Python etc.

I guess in this case the "number" (Time remaining) can't be computed because SOC is 0 or even below 0. It should return 0 instead of nanm. Not sure why this is so important because when SOC is 0, it means that the battery is completely discharged, hence no time remaining. It's more of an optical issue.

However, I will relay that to the devs.

2 |3000

smoti avatar image
smoti answered ·

It’s not an issue with the displaying of the SOC.

If discharge floor is set to say 20% (or whatever you set) and the computing of the time remaining drops to zero and you continue pulling power from the battery the expression nanm is displayed.

Hope this explains this issue a little more in detail. Thanks for a great product.

1 comment
2 |3000

Today I've heard that a fix is on it's way and should become available in one of the next firmware updates.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources