question

Scott Gardner avatar image
Scott Gardner asked

Venus GX loses Remote Console via VRM

Over the last couple of weeks. My Remote Console via VRM loses connectivity. The Venus is online and reporting and I can use local Lan to connect but it takes a reboot to solve which I can’t do remote. Seemed to start after firmware 2.72. 1b7e7cb6-cc52-42c0-9d17-43620cdc573a.png

VRMVenus GX - VGXremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Dennis avatar image
Dennis answered ·

Hi Scott , I have similar problem, but mine has lost connection from day 1 ( 1 week ago). Is yours connected by Lan or wifi when dropouts occur . I am using wifi .

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Scott Gardner avatar image Scott Gardner commented ·
Mine is connected via WiFi to a T-Mobile hotspot on the boat. The boat is at anchor on an island. I use the remote console to help my son adjust settings when switching generators. Super annnoying

0 Likes 0 ·
radetzky avatar image
radetzky answered ·

Hi, I do have the same issue over the last couple of weeks from time to time. In some cases it resolves itself somehow and in other cases it does not and require’s physical access to the device. Super annoying. My device is connected via wifi.

1 comment
2 |3000

Scott Gardner avatar image Scott Gardner commented ·
It just happened again tonight. I wanted to bump up the current limit to charge batteries faster and cannot do it
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I have noticed on my unit that the Venus Wifi is very week and that remote control can be very slow, I have ended up hard wiring may unit to my router. so maybe hard wire the network port on the venus to a router that has a simcard in it or make sure the hot spot is very close to the venus unit, Also make sure the venus is on the latest 2.72 FW, another option to to use a USB to wifi dongle, this maybe hard as not all usb to wifi units work (sugest you use the victron long range one)

2 |3000