question

Alexander Ravencraft avatar image
Alexander Ravencraft asked

Multiplus Compact configurable in Victron Connect App?

Considering to buy either a VE.Bus Smart Dongle, or the MK3/USB Adapter, to configure a Multiplus Compact 24/1600

As I don't have permanent access to a windows machine, I'd rather use the Victron Connect App.

Someone told me there might be a special login or password to access many features similar to the Victron Configure Software.

If I can adjust settings with Victron Connect, please help me out step by step what I need.

If not, what could be done with the App regarding settings of Multiplus Compact at all?

Some distributors and Victron staff tell it's possible others say nope.

VictronConnectVE.Busmultiplus compact
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

Ki@Alexander Ravencraft

You would need the mk3 to usb and a windows pc to update the firmware before victron connect becomes useful.

You could ask your distributor or supplier to update the firmware for you first.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AEPmjkyg7UY Check out the victron channel on youtube. Good source of information on the products and usage.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Bus_Configuration_Guide/en/limitations.html

Using the blutooth dongle is really for monitoring, described on the page linked.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexander Ravencraft avatar image Alexander Ravencraft commented ·
Thx Alexandra.

So the IOS Victron Connect App will never be the solution to adjust many settings , thus I would need the MK3/USB anyway.

Thus, I don't necessarily need the firmware update currently to use Victron Connect (on Windows), but can also use Victron Configure on windows ... (Right?)

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Alexander Ravencraft commented ·

The victron connect has a minimum firmware, since I dont know what firmware will be shipped on your inverter I cant say for sure. I have had a one where I had to use ve flash with the firmware from victron professional before victron connect could connect the inveter to program it with the mk3. Ve config works with all firmware versions from windows.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexander Ravencraft avatar image Alexander Ravencraft Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Thx, this info is sufficient :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

What is VE.Bus?