question

simebone avatar image
simebone asked

VictronConnect Mac Catalina not working

Hi,

I failed to update a SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 from 1.56 to 1.59 on a MacBook with Mac OS Catalina, so I took an old MacBook with Mac OS Mojave and tried it on that. And it worked flawlessly. Somehow the code is broken for Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? I don't want to take 2 MacBooks in the field.

Best regards,

simon

VictronConnectfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi Simon,

How many times did you tried to update on the Catalina MacBook? Once or more? Please note that update process can fail due to various factors, but it is always possible to recover so it does always worth to try the update process more than once.

We know for sure that the code is not broken for Catalina, but there are two 2019 15" and 16" MacBook models (probably not all units) for which the firmware updates are broken, and we don't have a way to fix it.

Can you let me know the MacBook model that fails to update? To know it, on your MacBook, go to the Apple menu with the Apple icon in the upper left corner and click on "About this Mac".

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.