question

tomf avatar image
tomf asked

Update firmware MultiPlus - leds blinking - 2606xxx

I have old Multi Plus Compact 12/1600/70 with 2606154.VFD
I would like to connect them with BE.Bus smart dongle.
And set couple variables like:
Max charge into 30Ah etc...
Set search mode ... etc...

After first connect via USB-mk3 I received info that firstly I should to upgrade firmware.
"Current firmware version is v 154 and is not compatible with Victron Connect..... install 415".

So I download firmware:
2606494.vff and install it.
But after that I have battery status "fault" info and LED start blinking ((green yellow) : (reed)).
So I checked with:
2606433.vff
2606209.vff

and stopped at:
2606159.vff - where Multi starts runing.

What to do with that?
It means that I will not allow to use Victron Connect to set params? Mk3 is useful in this case and VE.Bus Dongle too...

Tom

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVictronConnectVE.BusVE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @TomF

Try it with VEFlash.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/updating_firmware:updating_ve.bus_products

Also, and for either way, don't confuse the VE.Bus by having something else (eg smart dongle or GX link) connected. Use the MK3 alone into the Multi.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tomf avatar image
tomf answered ·

1. @JohnC I used MK3 alone.
2. Upgrading via MK3 is finalized in my opinion. If I could switched between firmware version.
I could install different version and rollback.

But I see that after upgrade over xxxx200 version I have battery status fault and blinking leds.
Inverted and charger is off.

Hmm I was thinking that it could be because I would like to set Multi at home with small 60Ah battery, and then connect into right one.

Using VEFlash is really painfull because I have MacOS system. I inastall windows there and even bought adapter USB -> USB-C. But at the end VE.Flash do not see connection.

2 |3000

tomf avatar image
tomf answered ·

Ok, I have to use VE.Flash on windows and MK3, I also have to upgrade drivers for VE.Bus (no option with mac). Now working fine.

2 |3000