question

rstarr avatar image
rstarr asked

Recent VictronConnect update caused communication issues with MultiPlus

My Multiplus 12/2000/120 is having issues connecting to the VictronConnect app via the smart Dongle. I noticed it first yesterday, 6 days after the app updated. The system is in my camper and I only checked into it because the AC stayed running after I unplugged the shore power obviously running on inverter. Usually I leave it on charger only when plugged in to prevent over discharge should we lose power and I have the AC running. I opened the app to check the switch state and was prompted to upgrade. After upgrade it will connect but drops the connection within about 10 seconds. If I go out of the app it will connect again but then lose connection. It appears to be a connection issue between the Multiplus and the smart dongle as the app stays connected to the dongle and will read battery voltage and temp. The app is vs. 5.42 and the smart dongle is 1.10.

I also tried VictronConnect with my laptop using the mk3 connection and usb. Same result this will connect and disconnect constantly about every 10 seconds.

VE Config is working correctly which leads me to think this is upgrade related. I used it on a trip about 2 weeks ago prior to the upgrade with no issues. All other features seem to work.

Thanks

VictronConnectfirmware updatemultiplus ve.busVE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Rstarr , yes there is a bug in that latest version. My apologies for that.

We fixed it yesterday, a VictronConnect beta version is available (for Android only). And official version coming today/tomorrow.

details here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/93095/multiplus-3000-12v-reporting-unknown-vs-inverting.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rstarr avatar image
rstarr answered ·

Great! Thanks for the quick response.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows