question

leroi-lightning avatar image
leroi-lightning asked

BMV712 4.03 Firmware Update cleared the history - can we get it back?

I was prompted on multiple devices to update the firmware to 4.03 on our BMV712 so I went ahead. The update was successful but all the history is GONE. What happened? Is there a way to get it back? (Now we don't know how many times the batteries have been cycled, etc.) Thanks in advance. :)

BMV Battery MonitorVictronConnectfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Leroi Lightning,

I saw your post a week ago in the other users thread, who lost history in a firmware update on a BMV-712 to 4.01. There was a known issue in the BMV-700 with the 3.09 BMV firmware history bug, but that is long resolved, and there are no known widespread/reproducible issues now.

There may be a bug, but we will need more reports.

I will ask if there is any hope, but I am sorry to say I would expect there is no way to recover your history. Some people are still away on holidays, so we might not hear back for a little while internally.

It would be useful to know more details how how it happened.

I haven't heard of any other reports yet that this recent update caused history issues. Though if it is the case there is an issue with the update, there will be more; and they will probably find this thread and also post.

What version did you update from? Was there anything unusual or unexpected about the procedure? When did you last check/confirm the history before the update? Was every single value in history reset to 0? Was any other of the memory/settings of the BMV affected? What version of VictronConnect are you using, and what platform?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

leroi-lightning avatar image
leroi-lightning answered ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager). Thanks for your reply.

• We updated from ver 4.01 or 4.02 (one of the two)
  • The update proceeded smoothly with no issues
  • We checked the history pretty much straight after the update
  • Every history value was reset to 0
  • None of the memory/settings of the BMV were affected
  • VictronConnect ver 5.16 on iOS 13.3 (iPhone SE) was used to perform the update. I have a Galaxy S6 which also has VictronConnect and confirmed the history was all zeroed out.

Thanks again.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows