question

ian-doyle avatar image
ian-doyle asked

BMV-712 Main Voltage Showing 0.02V

I have a BMV-712 connect to 2xVictron Super Cycle batteries, today my monitor started reporting an incorrect battery voltage of 0.02 or 0.03V. This is on both the device itself and the android app (via bluetooth), nothing has changed in my system except for taking a firmware update on the app.

I've checked the voltage with a meter and its reading 13.08 from the shunt to my fuse where the power supply for the BMV is located. I also unscrewed the inline fuse and looks to be intact, just to be sure i checked the voltage from the end of the fuse to the shunt and again was 13.08V so seems to definitely be a software / device issue? I've done a number of factory resets without any joy always just displays the .02V after the reset.

Kind of out of ideas here and would welcome suggestions.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/S9rs1kK25tYuyg4u6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZKKrMFAFbc4heScA6

Thanks,
Ian

BMV Battery Monitorbatteryvoltagebattery system voltage
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

phil-marshall avatar image phil-marshall commented ·
I’m having the same issue. The battery monitor two days ago reported a low voltage warning and is showing 10.5 to 11.36 v which is under the actual voltage of 14.1 v on my gel 12v house battery. Are there any solutions out there?
0 Likes 0 ·
laurielmorris avatar image laurielmorris phil-marshall commented ·
Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue. The values you reported are very similar to mine. Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
jaytraw avatar image
jaytraw answered ·

I am having the same issue except on new install. Reading is also staying between .02 and .03. Wondering if you found a solution?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

smoo avatar image
smoo answered ·

I found the solution. The data cable was a little bit loose at the back of the computer! Weird that this leads to some false digits instead of showing nothing anymore.

2 |3000

ebphinn avatar image
ebphinn answered ·

I have this error as well. Could somone from Victron comment please.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Have you tried the previous suggestion?
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BMV battery monitors product page