question

lempke avatar image
lempke asked

CamperVan setup v2 help

Hello,

Currently I am working on a simple setup for a camper. I've added AC and DC load to the schematic.victron-v3.pngI would like to ask the experts out there to check if this setup is correct or if I still need to adjust something here.

For now I only want to use shore power to charge the battery and in the future I want to expand this with solar panels.

I do not intend to connect this setup to the alternator for the time being.

Kind Regard

Lithium BatteryBMSchargerSmartShuntPhoenix Inverter
victron-v3.png (1.4 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Looks good. The only thing I'd add is a fuse at the battery end of the connection to the charger disconnect. It may not be necessary of the charger wiring is short and protected against accidental shorts.

You might also find it easier to use a busbar off the positive battery terminal due to the number of connections. But it also may be possible to make some of the connections to the 200 amp fuse stud as well. Same potential issue at the system terminal on the shunt.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lempke avatar image lempke commented ·

Thank you for your reply and for reviewing my schematic.

You are totally right about the bustbars and I was planning to put them in when adding the solar part in the future. It was already expensive enough for now.

I’ll also try to add a fuse as you suggested.

0 Likes 0 ·