question

Jono (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Jono (Victron Energy Staff) asked

Victron Wiring Example - MultiPlus II with Lithium, Cerbo GX and new Lynx Smart BMS

Victron Energy produces loads of great schematic drawings to help you plan your wiring. This is the first in a series of schematic drawings and it features the new Lynx Smart BMS together with the MultiPlus II with two 120v circuits. You can see there is solar and alternator charging as this is would be a complex install for an RV in the US for example.

screenshot.png

Here is a link to the full-sized pdf.

Multiplus-IIBMSvictronwiring diagramschematics
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rick0 avatar image rick0 commented ·

Very nicely done!

0 Likes 0 ·
Ingo Pfeiffer avatar image Ingo Pfeiffer commented ·

Hi @Jono (Victron Energy Staff) - thx for this picture.

I have a setup with Multiplus-II, Lynx BMS and 2 paralleled Smart Lithium Batteries, but no GX-device.

Can you comment upon if the MultiPlus-II Charger needs reconfiguration to Lithium batteries or is this not needed? I cannot come fully to an own conclusion from reading the manual for MK3-USB/VE.Bus Configuration Guide, chapter 10.4.10 Lithium battery Mode (link below), which case A), B) or C) would be applicable in my setup without GX... assume though I might be case B)... can you explain more what needs to be done to safely use the Multiplus-II charger in my setup?!

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Bus_Configuration_Guide/en/description-of-settings.html#UUID-ab2f26e1-6e55-c3b6-5ced-12812bc0828e

Thx - Ingo

PS - I couldn't find any detailed on this topic/detail in the Multiplus-manual

0 Likes 0 ·
jon-lowbank avatar image jon-lowbank commented ·
Hi Jono, Good work Can you tell me what dictates if you use a circuit breaker or a fuse in your diagrams?
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
markhandley avatar image
markhandley answered ·

Jono, what software are you using to create wiring diagrams?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daydreamfarm avatar image
daydreamfarm answered ·

Hi, Jono:

I am try to setup my Victron only system for my van, and this diagram is really helpful, it include almost every components I need. Thank you so much for you hard work!

The only thing I am no sure is about the "main switch". For the racing car area, a kill switch must be installed in obvious place, and you can shut down all the electric system. It do save lots of lives during a car catch a fire.

In this system, I notice there are 3 main switches, but lack of a true "kill switch" to shutdown everything. And, the solar charger, orion charger are not controller by any main switch.

I am quite aware the solar/orion charger, lynx distributor have all kind of safety mechanics to protect the system.

My question is : Is that a good practice to add a "kill switch" as near as possible to the battery?

2 |3000

diyglenn avatar image
diyglenn answered ·

I have a question regarding the starter battery charger. So I guess it has its own Blue Smart Charger so that you have a separate charge cycle program for the lead acid battery. But this charger will get its power from the inverter when underway, so what happens when you start the engine? Does the Blue Smart Charger automatically stop when the dynamo starts charging? Or do you manually have to turn on/off the braker for the Blue Smart Charger?

Otherwise I guess you could ruin the dynamo?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes