question

schalk-1 avatar image
schalk-1 asked

Can two Separate Multiplus II inverters supply different loads while using the same battery bank and still be connected and monitored on the same Network/GX Device

We have a client that has an existing system with a 3kVa Multiplus II. The client recently added a flat (garage transformed for the kids) and they want to add another inverter to assist with the load to this flat/garage.

1. Can both Multiplus units be connected to the same battery bank but supply different loads? (one the house and the other one the garage?)

2. If connected in this way, can both units be connected to one GX device or will both have to be separate in such a case with their own gx devices?

And a bonus question for silliness: Can two separate systems be connected to one battery bank? (Especially now that DVCC is "Regulating the usage of the battery"?

I know the safe connection will be to parallel them and to allow them to supply both loads as "one", but is this configuration possible? The client asked and I do not have an answer for this. I know there is similar post to this but not one that answers the question.

Multiplus-IIbattery charginggx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

I believe the answer is, "No."

That said, I hope someone posts an answer that proves otherwise.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

schalk-1 avatar image schalk-1 commented ·

I assumed as much but had to ask too confirm my suspicion. But thank you for providing a direct answer. I see Nuno Silva is attempting this, so I will keep an eye out for his response to see if it worked or not.

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
nuno-silva avatar image
nuno-silva answered ·

I´m trying a similiar system right now. 1 Battery bank, two multiplus (each to their loads), 1 Gx device.

I´m having some issues, maybe I can get you a better feedback when I´ve solved them, but it is possible to connect both multiplus to the GX device and use them independently. One has to be connected via the VE.Bus port and the other must be connected via USB using the MK3 adapter.

You will have to have two separate AC switchboards, so the AC loads are completely separate. Otherwise you willl have to configure them in parallel or split phase.

That beeing said, I´m having very serious issues with my setup, basically one of the multiplus is charging the batteries via the ACout (as a negative load) instead of charging thorugh the ACin.

I would not recommend trying the setup above until I figure out what is wrong with my system.

1 comment
2 |3000

schalk-1 avatar image schalk-1 commented ·

Thank you for the response and feedback. I will watch out for your rely on whether it worked as you intended or not. But for now I will assume the no from warwick, and your answer as a "It is not possible" for now.

Thank you for the assistance!

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

I think it is possible.

How it is different from 2 MPs working in split phase setup or 3 MPs setup in 3phase?

Each phase have it's own load.

They have to be connected with VE,bus and configured appropriately, but this is not a problem.

2 |3000

Peter avatar image
Peter answered ·

Im looking to do the same. I have 2 MP and was going to use 1 bank. I have 2 options. I can use 2 separate 30amp feeds (for each MP) , or split 1 30amp feed into each MP. Using 1700w of solar and 800ah batteries. Should it be as simple as operating each MP as independent, as I am planning on having 2 separate panels.

2 |3000