question

wannibi avatar image
wannibi asked

Multiplus 2 parallel connection problems

I have added another identical multiplus ii to the current setup. Older unit hw ref5 and new unit hw rev11. Both updated to firmware version 470, but get "Only multis of same kind and with same firmware version are allowed. Procedure will be restarted" when using VE Bus quick Cofigure tools. Both connected to the same DC and AC bussbars with same cable length and size.

Multiplus-IIbattery chargingVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Wannibi

Can you find your 'Product ID'? For a 230V unit it would be in the form of 26xx. Available via GX screen or VRM. If inside the box it might be in 7 digits, like 26xxyyy, where yyy is the original firmware.

The xx's of each will need to match.

Now I'm not sure whether those hw numbers you've supplied relate to the xx, but if they do you have a real issue. xx = 05 means a 12V unit, and xx = 11 means a 24V box.

I pray it isn't so. Please come back..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wannibi avatar image
wannibi answered ·

Hi JohnC

Both is 48/3000/35-32 230V multiplusses. The hw most likely refer to hardware version. The oldest one I bought around 8 months back and the newest one a few weeks back. Product numbers:PMP482305010 and PMP482305000. There is some minor variances in physical appearance, as the input and outputs switched around and there is also a IO stack added.

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Wannibi

Please contact your distributor / dealer about this so you can get a compatible device for your system, most likely the older unit will be replaced, but it is also possible a hw rev.5 can be found.

You can always refer to me if there are questions.

0 Likes 0 ·
wannibi avatar image wannibi Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Daniel

Can you please confirm when the hw rev5 was discontinued, as I bought the unit mid last year as brand new? From other comments it seem that this particular model was discontinued in 2017 already.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ wannibi commented ·

Hi @Wannibi

I don't know, but it doesn't matter, we'll help you anyway.

production date of your unit you can see from the serial number.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·
2 |3000

Related Resources