question

pim avatar image
pim asked

VRM 276 Grid lost alarm keeps popping up after clearing

I've installed a Cerbo GX connected to VRM and it gives a 276 Grid Lost alarm about every 8 hour (clearing does not help). There is a Multiplus connected but it is set to "off". I read a lot of threads here and they are talking about this problem occuring in older softwareversions (<2.60) but I've got the problem with the newest version. By the way: the error is NOT visible in remote console....

What to do?

grid.png

cerbo gxESSVRM
grid.png (83.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Pim

So what have you tried, what settings in GX?

did you search the community? what solutions did not work?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pim avatar image
pim answered ·

Hi Daniël,

I've searched a lot and all I can find is that it used to be a bug in your software (and the errors had to be cleared by Victron) but that was softwareversion 2.6 and older and I've got 2.63. I don't see the error under "messages" in the Cerbo GX, it only appears in VRM. When I clear it there, 8 hours later it's there again (see screenshot). So I like to hear from you what I can try to get rid of this?

Kind regards,

Pim

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi Pim,

I just looked into your system and grid-lost alarm was enabled...

also there was no grid, and in notifications there was a grid-alarm.

so to disable:

-plug in grid to disable alarm

-disable grid alarm setting

screenshot-2021-03-29-155226.png

screenshot-2021-03-29-155213.png

0 Likes 0 ·
pim avatar image pim Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hello Daniël, thanks for your reply! The errormessage is a networkmessage not a gridlost-message? It’s there because I always turn of the Multiplus and disconnect shore power when leaving the boat. Of course I get a grid-lost alarm then once in VRM because I’ve turned on the grid alarm (for when grid power is lost during the night when I’m on the boat).. But why do i keep receiving the alarm then every 8 hours. The Multiplus is 100% switched off..

0 Likes 0 ·
pim avatar image pim pim commented ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) Any idea what I do wrong? Or is it not possible to have grid alarm enabled and turn off the Multiplus? Does it still give alarm then? That would be a pitty then because you then you never can switch off a unit because alarms keep going on and every time I need to enable and disable alarm .... Please let me know. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
pim avatar image
pim answered ·
2 |3000

maddin avatar image
maddin answered ·

Hi,

same #276 message from VRM.

Solved as Daniel wrote this !

2 |3000

tyrone-thomas avatar image
tyrone-thomas answered ·

Having the same problem. I have a Quattro 5K 24V/120V with the Virtual Switch set to dedicated AC ignore and AC IN1 configured to 30A Shore power. Whenever the VS cuts the power (by rule), the Cerbo starts beeping and the 276 alert appears.

2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Probably best to disable the beep in settings as well as the monitor for grid failure option.
0 Likes 0 ·
tyrone-thomas avatar image tyrone-thomas nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
But doesnt that mean i then wont be alerted of a true grid failure, which is not ideal, especially when i may not be on premises
0 Likes 0 ·