question

hobbystuff avatar image
hobbystuff asked

Victron Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80 and VE.Bus Smart Dongle - Battery Temperature

I am installing a Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80 on my boat, with the Digital Multi Control 200/200A Panel.

I would also like to have more access to the inverter settings via Bluetooth - so I was considering installing the VE.Bus Smart Dongle.

My understanding is that the inverter already has a temperature sensor that will be installed directly on the battery negative. The VE.Bus Smart Dongle also provides temperature (either through the unit itself, or with an optional temperature probe).

My question is this: If I install these units together, which temperature will the inverter use? The VE.Bus Smart Dongle temperature, or the temperature supplied by the inverters temperature sensor?

Also - any other gotchas or subtleties I might not be aware of with the inverter/control panel/smart dongle setup would be good to know!

Thanks in advance.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVE.Businstallation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers