question

tg1 avatar image
tg1 asked

Multiplus Compact no communication through VE. Bus

Hi,

I've been trying to configure a parallel system with 2x Multi Compact 12/2000/80.

But cannot communicate at all with one particular unit. I've been able to configure the other unit using a MK3-USB & Victron Connect software. I was able to update the firmware to 2608481.

I cannot connect to the other using the same setup (pc, patch cable, MK3, Connect software.) In connect it recognizes the MK3 and tries to retrieve the data from the multi - this fails to connect and the "Force Detection" button also fails to connect.

I have tried VE.Config to connect but this also fails. I have downloaded the firmware and also tried to force it to update using VE.Flash & this fails to connect as well. - As far as I am aware the firmware currently on the unit is 2608430.

I tried to use VE. Bus Quick configure to setup the parallel system, the program recognized the first unit as the master, recognized the second unit as the slave but was not successful because of the difference in firmware. Any ideas on where I can get version 2608430 would be helpful, then I can try VE. Bus quick configure with matching firmware numbers.

To ensure the equipment was not at fault I have now managed to try 4 different PC's & several different patch cables.

I'm resisting having to take the unit out and returning to the supplier until I know I've done everything possible.

Any help/things I haven't thought of would be appreciated.

multiplus ve.busVEConfigure 3MK3multiplus compact
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

When you try to connect to the second unit the first is disconnected and switched off?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tg1 avatar image tg1 commented ·

Correct. I followed the instructions to the letter to make sure it wasn't user error causing the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ tg1 commented ·

But the second unit is working standalone mode with the default settings?
(it switches on, starts inverting and you get AC at the output)

0 Likes 0 ·
tg1 avatar image tg1 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

That's correct. Both function perfectly fine on their own. Invert, charge & even communicate to a cerbo gx - ie report current/voltage values etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
tg1 avatar image tg1 commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VEConfigure manual

VEConfig alternative method for VE.Bus using VictronConnect