question

southsideph avatar image
southsideph asked

Question About batteries

I'm struggling to understand batteries, I have a small solar installation SmartSolar 100/30, SmartShunt and Smart battery protector in exhibition trailer which is currently being used as test rig, I was using two Flooded leisure batteries in parallel 220AH effective. I Run a 3.9A (Lights and network switch) I calculate that at 3.9A (4A.) 220AH/4 which I estimate should run for 55hrs, runs for about 2hrs before the BatteryProtect kicks in.

I have purchased AGM battery for testing cos I'm looking at replacing my 2 x 110AH flooded leisure batteries with VE 110AH AGM batteries in a slightly more complex installation in the camper and wanted to do some comparisons.

I am thinking the flooded batteries are no longer serviceable although the indicator display is green on both.

The 110AH AGM battery I would estimate 110AH/4 = 27hrs running time and not even coming close to that. What sort of running time would you normally expect with such load?

What is the maximum discharge point for AGM batteries? 80% AGM and 50% for flooded, but other websites saying 50% for AGM and 80% for flooded, which is correct?

What setting for battery protect would you recommend?

Thanyou in advance

BMV Battery MonitorbatteryBattery Protectbattery capacity
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
marc-de-montreal avatar image
marc-de-montreal answered ·

hi, for me it’s a bad idea to discharge more than 50% of any lead acid deep cycle.. but you can to find more explanation here about it: https://batteryuniversity.com/

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Victron BatteryProtect product page