question

southsideph avatar image
southsideph asked

Venus OS and IP43

Hi

I Have just re-vamped my electrics in the camper van and wanted to monitor batteries etc remotely. The Venus GX seemed perfect answer then I discovered the PI version is great as the Venus would have been overkill for my installation. Anyway i have now just added the Phoenix IP43 charger VE Direct but was disappointed to find that although it has detected it, doesn't display the state and what stage without going into the settings. Have I missed something here cos I would like to replace my 3 party inverter with the phoenix inverter to complete the set but very weary to do this now cos there seems no advantage doing so if the state and operation is not displayed. Any help or advice would be appreciated

Kind regards

Venus OSchargerPhoenix InverterRaspberry Pi
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

southsideph avatar image southsideph commented Ā·

Thankyou for answers, my main purpose was to monitor the batteries and charge from solar and grid. We normally exhibit at many shows throughout the year but organisers are actively banning generators and we have to pay high prices for onsite power, so all solar solution to power our camper and exhibition was what we were after. So easy view of the state of charge and charger state from the console would have been ideal. I can monitor the state of charge and usage using VRM, but only if I can get Mobile WiFi. My assumption is the console display only work with MultiPlus and Quatro charger/inverters but unfortunately for the power we require they are too large to fit the available space.

Thankyou anyway

0 Likes 0 Ā·
2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered Ā·

Hi @SouthsidePH,

if you want the PSC IP43 info shown on the graphical display, that's not possible.

All other infos are shown in the device list. No need to go into settings.

bildschirmfoto-2021-02-02-um-192718.png

bildschirmfoto-2021-02-02-um-192731.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered Ā·

Maybe you can take a look at the Venus OS Large version with Node Red there you can make your own display of values that are important for you.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page