question

davidcolemandc avatar image
davidcolemandc asked

Temperature Sensor with Cerbo GX and touch 50

Hi, I'm using a temperature sensor (ASS000001000) connected to the Victron Cerbo GX to measure the ambient temperature in one of the cargo bays in my vehicle. Two questions:

1) How do I configure the Victron Cerbo GX to show Fahrenheit instead of Celsius on the Touch 50?

2) The sensor is showing about 5 degrees higher than measured with other temperature devices. Probably because of its placement. Is there a way to adjust the display so it will display the actual ambient temperature? I would like to keep the sensor it its current place.

Thank you!

David

cerbo gxTemperature Sensorgx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It is possible to apply an offset and to scale the value.
Select your temperature device from the device list:
Temperature sensor -> Setup ->
1611176404285.png

So:
1) A workaround if you still like to use °F. Apply an offset of 32 and then apply a scale factor of 1.8 to make the number represent °F
Alas is still shows the units as °C but the numeric value will be °F which should be more familiar to you.

2) As with almost any contact type thermometer, it can only measure the temperature of whatever it is in contact with, it cannot guess the temperature of some other location.
Again, you could adjust the offset value to compensate, but it will only be accurate if the measured temperature and the temperature of the other location track each other by the same offset value, which is unlikely.

1611176404285.png (15.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

davidcolemandc avatar image
davidcolemandc answered ·

Thank you wkirby! How do I offset the value of the sensor to compensate? My screen shows different than yours.

This is what I have:

screen-shot-2021-01-20-at-10753-pm.png

4 comments
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

What firmware version is your Cerbo running?
My one is on v2.60
I don't remember which firmware version these offset options became available in, but I suspect your firmware version is older than what I am running.

0 Likes 0 ·
davidcolemandc avatar image davidcolemandc wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

I'm on v2.62~7

Build date/time: 20201217141715

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ davidcolemandc commented ·

Ah, sorry, my mistake. You need to be a Superuser to have access to those settings.
Set your access level to Superuser:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:root_access#set_access_level_to_superuser

2 Likes 2 ·
davidcolemandc avatar image davidcolemandc wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

YES!!! That worked! Thank you so much. I now see a temperature I can relate to and it measures truer to the ambient temp. Thanks again!

-1 Like -1 ·

Related Resources