question

bdimambro avatar image
bdimambro asked

Blue Smart IP67 12A Charger - Firmware

Hi,

Has there been a firmware update to the Blue Smart IP67 12A charger or the VictronConnect app so I can set the aqbsorb time to less than an hour? Not being able to set this to less than an hour does not make any sense unless this was a coding error. I am in the process of commissioning some SimpliPhi 24VDC 3.8 batteries and the absorb is to be set to 6 minutes. The minimum I can seem to set this to is 1 hour.

Any workarounds for this on the SimpliPhi batteries?

Thanks,

Brian

battery chargingVRMcharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bdimambro avatar image
bdimambro answered ·

Anyone have an answer?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I don't have this actual charger, I have the PSC IP43 model. I can choose the absorption time as low as one minute from within the VictronConnect App on my handheld mobile telephone.

screenshot-20210120-213830.png

If I use the demo mode and select your model of charger, this absorption time is also available.

7 comments
2 |3000

bdimambro avatar image bdimambro commented ·

How do I select demo mode?

Thanks for the help,

Brian

0 Likes 0 ·
bdimambro avatar image bdimambro bdimambro commented ·

I found the demo mode ... I'll see if it charges properly. Really great help and very appreciated!!!

0 Likes 0 ·
bdimambro avatar image bdimambro bdimambro commented ·

Yea, so demo mode is fine for playing with the app. It does not seem to run the charger. What I am looking for is for Victron Energy to fix the app or the firmware in the charger so absorb settings of less than 1 hour can be configured.

Anybody from Victron energy customer/technical support reading this post?

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ bdimambro commented ·

My screenshot earlier is from my actual charger. You should be able to do this on your actual charger too.
Choosing a User Defined preset and Expert mode on, Absorbtion time becomes available and then you can set the time in minutes like my screenshot shows.
The App and the Firmware already do this, you should be able to set this how you need.

Perhaps you can show some screenshots from your end to demonstrate where your'e getting stuck?

0 Likes 0 ·
bdimambro avatar image bdimambro wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Hi. When I went to demo mode, it definitely let me set the absorb time to 6 minutes, unfortunately, it did not control the charger. It looked like an app demo and not really communicating with the charger.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ bdimambro commented ·

That's correct. The Demo mode does not control the charger, it's to demonstrate the capabilites of the various products.

What happens when you connect to your actual charger from the App in the normal manner, not using the Demo mode but by choosing your actual charger from the list of devices?

0 Likes 0 ·
bdimambro avatar image bdimambro wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

I am unable to set the absorb time to anything less than an hour. Looks like this is a known problem and Victron has not done anything about it. I was hoping there would be a fix by now and it looks like there is not. Really do appreciate your help with this. Victron needs to fix their code.

0 Likes 0 ·
Nev avatar image
Nev answered ·

I posted a similar question a while ago.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/51029/blue-smart-ip22-30a-charger-absorption-time.html

Victron's reply was essentially "Live with it". Our 300Ah 4 cell LiFePO4 battery is full at 14.1V without the unnecessary forced added 1 hour absorption.

I am still eagerly waiting for a fix.

2 |3000

Related Resources