question

ronny-merino-gonzalez avatar image
ronny-merino-gonzalez asked

Grid Alarm: How do I remove grid lost alarm?

How do I remove the "grid lost" alarm?

error
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @Ronny Merino Gonzalez, welcome to the Community! Please take a few minutes to read and understand the Community Guidelines, and abide by them going forward. Questions are welcome, but unnecessary profanity and rudeness will not be tolerated.

As noted in the Guidelines, please do a search on your particular question before posting a new thread, as the vast majority of questions have been asked before, and have usually been answered. A quick search of "grid lost alarm" returns 3674 results, and the first one listed has details as to how to clear alarms:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/56143/how-to-clear-system-overview-grid-alarm-grid-lost.html

I'll close this question now, as it has been asked and answered many times before; please do, however, read the manuals for your devices, read the Guidelines, and apply that reading to your installations and your interactions here.

EDITED by Guy Stewart to add:

@Ronny Merino Gonzalez - I've just checked, made no changes, and your site now seems resolved from our end.

This was a bug from a previous version of VenusOS - it was addressed in 2.60, though a few systems which had the alarm from prior to that version may still have it unresolved. They need to be resolved manually, this can be requested here, but may take some time, so please be patient. In cases still active now, the alarm would have been going for many months already.

Venus 2.60 release notes:

"Grid failure alarm: fix issue where it could generate alarm in case left disabled while not having any inputs configured as Grid or Shore. In which case the setting itself is hidden, making the alarms rather mysterious aka unexpected. Not anymore: it will not generate alarms when there are no AC Inputs configured to be Grid or Shore. Also, disabling the grid alarm will now automatically clear the alarm on VRM."

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ronny-merino-gonzalez avatar image ronny-merino-gonzalez commented ·

Please remove my error message, and yes have read that thread and asked politely, and waited 10 more days, with no answer. So please understand how frustrating this "in your face" error is. It "shouts" it everytime you log in, and actually tells you your worst fear. But it is wrong, it came nearly 6 months ago, and cannot be cleared.

1 Like 1 ·
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

1) We usually say "hello".

2) Grid lost is useful information, which bring us details about a situation we didn't notice.

3) Being polite is not an option, but mandatory.

4) RTFM = Google the term, you'll get all the answers you need.

5) Cheers, Michel.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic