question

iain-parke avatar image
iain-parke asked

ESS system with MEN link

I have set up a 3 phase ESS system in Australia with 3 x Multigrid 24V 3000s and all works Ok except the house is 100m away from the install and has an MEN connection at its own distribution board, this is causing an error 11 fault. This is quite a common way to do installations in Australia. Is there a Firmware update to fix this one or any other way to resolve it?

error
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

The easiest fix is to keep the MEN link in the remote properties switchboard. But make sure that the MultiPlus is wired after the MEN link. See this document for more info: Neutral and MEN connections in the MultiGrid.pdf

Should you need a common nuetral in the installation, before and after the MultiPlus, we do have special firmware available that specifically deals with this issue, to get this please contact your Victron dealer or distributor.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

justinq avatar image
justinq answered ·

Can you please post a wiring diagram. I am quite familiar with Error 11 issues.

Why can't you just move the MEN to where the Victron and main supply board is located? House board will then be fed by ACout (and utilise the ACout PE).

2 |3000

iain-parke avatar image
iain-parke answered ·

Ive updated to Firmware 455 and now receiving the error report saying its failed step 6, as the property is 100m away with its own MEN link and has to stay that way the only solution i can think of is to install a 4 pole contactor with a delay on so the neutral is broken until after the checks are done, unless there is another way.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic