question

dan avatar image
dan asked

Victron 75/15 different panels in series, error

Hi All,

1. I have a 160w 36cell fixed panel and a 160w portable panel (2x80w x36cell,parallel), and a Victron 75/15 mppt.
  2. when i connect the fixed panel everything works fine, when i try to connect the portable panel in series i get zero watts, and amps with a very small volts 1.2v approx and the bulk light blinks which i believe is an error code.
  3. I have connected an anderson plug in the permanent setup which allows the portable to be connected in series when camping, i have cross wired the anderson plug from the portable and removed the pwm from the case.
  4. Hopefully I've done somthing wrong, can anyone shed some light, thanks.
error
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Checked your polarity between the panels? Not by looking at wire colours, tags, etc. With a multimeter..

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dan avatar image dan commented ·

Hi John,

Exactly what the problem was, Dont know how i did that, drew a diagram and all. Still confused about it, thanks very much.

Cheers.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ dan commented ·

Good work Dan. Don't feel bad, it's quite common with the way some makers tag their wires. Good luck with your system.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Dan,

You can find the error codes by downloading the Victron Toolkit app for your smart phone.

That displays each othe error light code combinations and tells you what the error is. That might help with the troubleshooting.

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi Guy, thanks, i have the toolkit.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Guy, just trying to get my head around the code toolkit app, i noticed the app has 2 different types of mppt, 2 x led and 3 x led, my unit is 75/15 with 3 x led but is not the same as the 3 x led in app, with no rotary switch, after fixing the panel wiring i still have blinking on all three leds during the charge stages, but every thing looks fine.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic