question

davewilson avatar image
davewilson asked

SOC not working on Multiplus 2 48/5000/70

I have just setup my new Multiplus. The SOC just reads NA. Looking at the battery monitor in the remote console it says automatic. I have tried changing that to Multiplus as well as it still says N/A.

As its brand new (only been running a few hours does it take time to come up with a reading? I dont have a BMV or anything just the Multiplus 2.

Multiplus-IIbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
rickp avatar image
rickp answered ·

I’m not certain what all you have in your setup, but it may need to cycle to its first full charge to get a baseline. It can then generate a rough SOC based on energy in/out and the capacity information you (or your dealer) programmed in during setup.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Have you activated the internal battery monitor inside the Multi using VE.config?

2 |3000

davewilson avatar image
davewilson answered ·

Thanks for the answers it needed to be turned on using VE.config for some reason it was still off. I do find through that the system shuts down due to low battery at around 90% SOC based on voltage. Is that normal? You can change it to shut down based on SOC would that still provide the same battery protection? the voltage is strongly linked to the load so i think it is just shutting down based on the fact that a higher load is lowering the voltage. Any suggestions? Based on the amount of kWh used between 100% and it shutting down due to low voltage i know there is still a lot of battery capacity left.

2 |3000