question

u00pfg2 avatar image
u00pfg2 asked

Multiplus II Thermocouple

Hello all I have a question on how to setup the battery thermocouple in the software to limit charging for a Li battery. I cannot seem to find the section in the VE Configure software and would like some help. I basically want to stop charging if the team reaches to high and I want to prevent charging if the temp is too low. I just cannot seem to find the spot.

Thanks for the help!

Multiplus-IIbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You can't find the setting because there isn't one for that.
The battery temperature sensor is not intended to be used for protecting a Lithium bank. It is designed for altering the charge parameters for a Lead Acid bank based on temperature.
It would be most inadequate to use a single temperature sensor for a Lithium bank in the way that you propose.

A Lithium bank needs to have a properly designed BMS that works independantly of any other equipment and monitors the Voltage and temperature of each cell.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

u00pfg2 avatar image
u00pfg2 answered ·

Thanks for the reply and I understand your answer about the BMS system I was just wanting to use the input is as a go or no go as well. In the 712 you can use the temp readout for a relay switch to prevent charging so I wanted to set the Multiplus II up the same way.

2 |3000