question

Yerf Yufuf avatar image
Yerf Yufuf asked

Remote firmware update via ccgx

Hello

Trying to update firmware remotely via vrm using ccgx. Everything is working. Ccgx is sending data and two way communications are enabled. I get below error msg:

"The site's two-way communication service did not respond. Have you enabled it on your Venus device?

Error Code: 1392"

VRMCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

That unauthenticated device error links to a Reset authentication token button.

Press that and follow instructions.

It can (sometimes) happen when updating to v2.20. We’ll fix this in the next version.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

That's strange, it's really acting as if "VRM two way communication" is off.
What version of CCGX firmware are you running?
Maybae you can try switch OFF two way communication and then turn it ON again.

2 |3000

Yerf Yufuf avatar image
Yerf Yufuf answered ·

Hello

It's the latest software. I updated via sd card because I was on 1.7x now it's 2.2

I have restarted the ccgx several times and enabled disabled two way communications several times with no luck.

I also got this error pop up:

Error

2 hours ago, data from an unauthenticated device has been received for this installation. Click here for more information

Thanks

2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It's not clear what that error is because that relates to your logged in VRM session, so the link does not work for other people, we just see a VRM login box.
I wonder if there is some port blocked on your router or the ISP is blocking something, although you do not normally need to forward any ports for this to work properly.

2 |3000

Yerf Yufuf avatar image
Yerf Yufuf answered ·

No, no blocked ports.

I have updated the ve can mppt 150/70 before through the old program, no problems.

This is quite strange.

2 |3000

Yerf Yufuf avatar image
Yerf Yufuf answered ·

You can see that two way communication is enabled here.

2 |3000

Yerf Yufuf avatar image
Yerf Yufuf answered ·

OK thanks. Any thoughts on not being able to connect to update firmware remotely?

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

the issues are related. so first fix that error, then try remote firmware updates again.

1 Like 1 ·
Yerf Yufuf avatar image Yerf Yufuf mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

That's brilliant. Thank you for your help.

Good job with the new software by the way. Although I must tell you I was updating through the phone and when updating the progress bar was stuck at 0%. After restarting the app I saw that the update was completed.

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·