question

joe-d avatar image
joe-d asked

Can I retrieve GPS data (KML files) from VRM?

After a long trip and i get home, when i download the KML files from VRM "advanced" "Download the GPS tracks", the KML data only shows a portion of the trip. Is there a way to get the continuous GPS track off VRM for the last week?

VRMgps
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Joe_D,

before downloading the tracks you need to choose the time range, either quick range or custom range. That should give you the track for the selected time range.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joe-d avatar image joe-d commented ·

Thanks Stefanie.....this does allow me to download the whole trip but it is piecewise, only showing a portion of my locations, i.e. shows route but with gaps. I do have a MicroSD (32 GB) installed in my Venus and I do connect the system occasionally to the Internet during the trip (when i i have WiFi at a campsite). I have the VRM update rate at 5min. Any suggestions?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ joe-d commented ·

Not sure what's causing the gaps for you. Maybe there is no data for the gaps.

For me it works perfectly fine. VRM update rate is set to 1min, which gives me pretty accurate tracks. And even when my GX device is loosing contact to VRM, it stores the data and update to VRM as soon as the GSM connection is established again (without storing to a SD card btw).

0 Likes 0 ·
joe-d avatar image
joe-d answered ·

Strange, mine looks like the above

sample.jpg (1.4 MiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources